Sound and Physical Interaction (SOPI) research group’s main interests are centred on the broad area of Sound and Music Computing (SMC) and Sonic Interaction Design (SID). In particular, the research in SOPI focuses on the emerging role of sound in designing new ways of interactions between humans and digital environments. It includes the design and implementation of novel interfaces for digital media, communication, audio-visual production, music and interactive art with a very strong focus on embodied engagement in interaction. The research builds on ideas from real-world physical interactions in digital environments, audio-tactile augmentation, embodied interaction, smart technologies and new interfaces for musical expression.
SOPI research focus areas include but not limited to;
- Music Technology Performance and Composition Paradigms
- Digital Musical Interactions
- New Interfaces for Musical Expression
- Sound and Music Computing
- Embodied Sonic Interaction
- Computational Procedural Audio
- Human Computer Interaction applied to Music
Find out more about SOPI at http://sopi.aalto.fi/, contact research group leader Koray Tahiroglu.